Why a Montessori Preschool is Right for Your Child
If you have a young child, you've probably thought about preschool. Choosing the right preschool for your child can be a tough decision. You need to make sure your child is getting an actual education and not just spending time with a babysitter. Some preschools are run more like a day care center than an actual learning environment. When choosing a preschool, look for:
- Licensed teachers and programs. All preschools and child care preschools should be licensed in your state and city.
- Professional and caring environment. Consider the preschool's teaching philosophy and the actual physical environment to make sure it matches your own personal parenting style.
- Student to teacher ratio. Almost all preschools supplement their classrooms with babysitters, nannies, and other day care helpers. This is important to keeping the teacher-to- child ratio as low as possible.
There are other things you should look for when choosing a preschool, but these three ideas are a good start.
If you really want a good education for your pre-kindergarten child, you should choose a Montessori preschool. A Montessori preschool is a child care preschool where your kids will learn in a thriving and caring environment. . A Montessori school is a preschool accredited by the American Montessori Society or the Association Montessori Internationale. All teachers in an accredited Montessori Preschool have the correction credentials and certifications to teach your child.
Montessori Preschool follow the Montessori philosophy, which was set forth by Maria Montessori more than 100 years ago. A Montessori preschool will provide:
- A low student to teacher ratio. This is especially important for younger children.
- Certified teachers and aids. One of the best parts about a Montessori preschool is that all teachers have to be certified and keep up on their credentials.
- Warm, inviting environments. Montessori preschools are filled with plants, animals, maps, learning materials, and plenty of bright sunlight.
Your child will really develop and thrive in a Montessori preschool. You can rest assured that your child is in loving and capable hands, while also learning. A Montessori preschool is the best way to prepare your child for Kindergarten.
Choosing a child care preschool for your child is one of the most important decisions you can make. Preschool sets the foundation for the school years. The right preschool, like a Montessori preschool, will prepare your child to be a good student. Plus, you will know that your child is in a wonderful environment.